Logitech c920 HD pro webcam is the successor to the c910. It has Full HD 1080p video quality. And it can take 15-megapixel photos. Using Carl Zeiss lens with 20 step autofocus. This webcam also has stereo audio with dual microphones. The great thing is it has a faster and smoother HD video with the h.264 encoding. C920 adopt Logitech’s fluid crystal technology. It just seems that so many of these features are mentioned in point-and-shoot = cameras and even DSLRs these days but this is just put into a webcam.
The quality of the c910 was already really great and Logitech just wanted to improve on that certainly on with the Carl Zeiss lens. The glass is absolutely amazing. This has a very nice wide field of view as well and with the 1080p quality. You’ve got very crisp video whether you recording your own YouTube videos or if you’re in a conference call. For example, you do want some nice video quality you look at the actual camera itself it looks a lot like its predecessor and it has quite a few mounting options this time around they’ve also included a tripod mount which is really really handy pretty much. With a tripod mount that means you can put it on anything whether it’s just a normal tripod.
Logitech also has its own software however it only works on PC. And if you’re on the Mac the best way to record straight up from the webcam is probably a few QuickTime. With the 20 step autofocus system, it also allows you to kind of focus in on products close up.
|Lens and Sensor Type||Glass|
|Diagonal Field of View (FOV)||78°|
|Horizontal Field of View (FOV)||70.42°|
|Vertical Field of View (FOV)||43.3°|
|Focal Length||3.67 mm|
|Image Capture (4:3 SD)||N/A|
|Image Capture (16:9 W)||2.0 MP, 3 MP*, 6 MP*, 15 MP*|
|Video Capture (4:3 SD)||N/A|
|Video Capture (16:9 W)||360p, 480p, 720p, 1080p|
|Frame Rate (max)||1080p@30fps|
|Right Light||RightLight 2|
|Video Effects (VFX)||N/A|
|Indicator Lights (LED)||Yes|
|Tripod Mounting Option||Yes|
|Universal Clip Adjustability (range)|
|Cable Length||5 feet|
Basically, there are 2 system requirements, Basic and HD System Requirements.
- CPU Minimum = 1.0 Ghz
- CPU Recommended = Core 2 Duo 2.4Ghz or better
- RAM Minimum = 256
- RAM Recommended = 2GB
- CPU Minimum = Core 2 Duo 2.4Ghz or better
- CPU Recommended = i7 Quad Core 2.6Ghz or better
- RAM Minimum = 2GB
- RAM Recommended =4GB
To get the best experience using this webcam, it is recommended using official webcam software. Choose your Operating System and then download.
Q: My webcam is not detected
- Try a different port on your computer.
- Make sure the camera isn’t connected to a hub or docking station.
- Make sure you’re using the correct driver for your camera by selecting the Downloads tab on your product’s support page.
- If your camera is connected to a USB 3.0 port (usually has a blue plastic insert), try using a 2.0 port instead.
- Try connecting the camera to a different computer. If your camera isn’t detected by a second computer, it may be defective.